Finally made the cables I needed to extend my speakers. That is, to move the sub out from under the desk and under the bed. Under the desk it causes the back of the desk to vibrate, which produces horrible noise. Now it’s happily away from any loose panels, and working perfectly.
Making the cables was a bit of a nightmare, but I’m glad I did it – all good experience. I managed to get the connections right first time in each case (three cables, one with 3.5mm stereo plugs and two with RCA plugs), although on one I did forget to put the sheathes onto the cable before soldering both ends… I then unsoldered one end, and forgot again. At that point I said f* it, and just use some electrical tape to sheathe both ends. Crude, but functional.
And while it’s taken me about ten times longer than I expected, I have finally finished my ARC assignment to a reasonable level of satisfaction. It’s about 26 pages (excluding about 30 or 40 pages of appendixes), so it’s not exactly a light read, but it covers most things in at least some detail.
I’m mostly happy about this just to see it done and behind me. I really want to continue building on the assignment, as a personal project, but at the moment I just don’t have the time. With this out of the way I can focus back on my thesis and electronics project. Supposedly.